Sunday February 24th, 2008 Jeffery Butler passed away. Jeff and I went to high school together (go red devils!). He was on the swim team and most of my high school memories of him are him walking around in his gray swim team hoodie with the hood over his head and the drawstring tightened around his face. Later in our lives we worked together at Alexanders Print Stop. I am glad I had a chance to work with him. We even went on a couple of dates! He was such a fun kid.
One of the funny things I remember about our time at work was he always called me "daryl". I was confused about what this meant and he told me it was short for derelict. That was our running joke. We even had a little machine that made buttons at our shop and he made me a button that said "I'm a Daryl". I wore it with pride! I wish that I still had that button!
Goodbye Jeff! You will be missed!
No comments:
Post a Comment