This is a mysterious place to 10 year old Madison.
She has wondered for months what this place is.
Samantha's good friend Jordan is leaving today.
It is the 1st of her friends to venture into the Empty Sea.
There has been much talk around our house about the Empty Sea. With Jordan, our home teacher Trent and our friend Colby all going on missions the Empty Sea has been included in many discussions.
Yesterday Samantha and Madison were talking about Jordan leaving and going into the Empty Sea. Samantha heard Madi say Empty Sea and realized what she was saying.
When I got home from work yesterday Madi was telling me how she always thought the Empty Sea was a weird name to call a place that you send missionaries. She said, "Mom, you know how I thought that the MTC (missionary training center) was called the Empty Sea? Well, Sami told me it is really the MTC."
Hee Hee!!!
I was laying in bed with Rick last night and we were talking and laughing about how mysterious this "Empty Sea" place must have been to Madi! We were trying to imagine what she must have visualized as she thought about sending these poor missionaries to the "Empty Sea"!!!
She is one funny kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That is hilarious! She's so cute, I love how innocent and imaginitive kids minds are. I think you can tour the MTC maybe that would help her clear some things up, don't quote me on that though I'm not positive. Pretty funny.
Too funny! I love stories like that.
What a funny little girl!
That's great! I showed this to Mark, and he said that when he was a kid he always thought it was the Empty Sea, too. He imagined a mission was like a King's Quest mission (one of those old video games where you go out on an adventure to some obscure place). He says he was probably embarrassingly old when he got that all straightened out. :)
LOL! what a cutie! cute blog cori!
Oh my gosh! That's funny! I was sitting there reading that, and i'm all, "What is the empty sea???" Shouldn't I know this? Man, was I confused! =)
ah, it's more of a curious question... meaning random people... anyway...
Wedding... AAAAH! hahah I'm just thinking with the way the economy is going, March is so not an option. =( sad right? We'll see. I try to keep people updated. I mean really, this is getting ridiculous! Make a commitment already! (meaning me!)
That is so awesome! I don't think I realized it was actually MTC the first time I heard it... That is too funny though.
So funny!!! I love this story.
Post a Comment